Версия для слабовидящих transparent_line
Pinsk district
executive committee
(
fotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_imagefotogallery_image
Belorussia_map
)
Menu
h_line_delimetr
History

The pages of Pinshchina history excavations of an ancient unfortified settlement in the village Gorodishche open. According to got materials, the slavonic settlement was founded here at the end of VIII century and, possible, was in that time already a centre of a small tribe. As the scientists think, the settlement in the village Gorodishche was a large economic and political centre of Polesye in the IX-XI centuries.

In the XI century the present territory of the district was a part of Kievskaya Rusj and Turovskoe principality, and also in the second half of the XII century – was included in the independent Pinsk principality. At the beginning of XIV century Pinsk grounds was included in the Great Lithuanian Principality. In 1521, after a death of the last Pinsk prince Fedor, a grand duke and king of the Poland Sigizmund the I abolished the Pinsk appanage, having returned its grounds to his wife - a queen Bona.

In 1569 between the Great Lithuanian Principality and Poland the union - integration in the state Rzecz Pospolita is concluded. By Decision of the Seym Pinsk and Brest grounds were transformed in powiats and have made Brest-Lithuanian woewodship.

In 1793 Pinsk grounds were joined to the Russian empire and were included in Minsk province (region ruled by governor-general). Three years after the province was transformed in Minsk government, and Pinsk became a chief town of a uyezd. During its history Pinshchina repeatedly suffered from wars. It remembers the raids of foreign princes, anti-feudal emancipation war (1648-1654), Russian-Polish war (1654 – 1667), Swede (1706) and French (1812) invasion.

The First World War has brought to Pinsk inhabitants innumerable disasters. Immediately on our territory the military operations passed on. Many inhabitants of a front zone had to leave native places. Very strong fights took place under Logishin on the line of the Oginskiy channel and the river Yaselda. However under force of the German army the Russian troops left Pinsk on September, 15th, 1915. The whole territory of the Pinsk district was in occupation. Pinsk was released on January 15th, 1919.

The next time the territory of Pinsk was occupied, but this time by the troops of the bourgeois Poland. The forces of Mozyr groups of the Red Army released Pinschina on July, 23th. By the terms of Rizhskiy agreement, signed at March, 18th, 1921, the West Belarus, including the present Pinsk district, went to Poland.

On September, 1st, 1939 the troops of the fascist Germany intruded into the territory of Poland. On September, 17th, 1939 the troops of Red Army began its liberation campaign. Already on September, 20th, the Soviet forces got across the river Yaselda, released Pinsk and the whole territory of the present Pinsk district. And on November, 2nd, 1939 the fifth special session of the Supreme Soviet USSR passed a Law about including of West Belarus in structure of the USSR and reunification with the Belarusian SSR.

By a decree of Presidium of the Supreme Soviet USSR from December, 4th, 1939 the Pinsk oblast was founded, in which structure the Pinsk, Drogichin, Kossovo, Luninets and Stolin districts were included. By the next decree of Presidium of the Supreme Soviet BSSR from January, 15th, 1940 the districts were liquidated, but instead of them were formed 11 districts: Gantsevichskiy, Davyd-Gorodokskiy, Drogichinskiy, Zhabchitskiy, Ivanovskiy, Leninskiy, Logishinskiy, Luninetskiy, Pinskiy, Stolinskiy and Telekhanskiy. Already in October, 12th, the same year the Pinsk district was divided into 16 rural councils: Bizherevichskiy, Veliatichskiy, Vysokovskiy, Gorodishchenskiy, Dubnovichskiy, Kachanovichskiy, Lasitskiy, Lemeshevichskiy, Lopatinskiy, Ostrovskiy, Parokhonskiy, Pinkovichskiy, Pleshchitskiy, Posenichskiy, Soshnenskiy, Stavokskiy.

In 1940 on the territory of Pinsk district appeared collective farms. There were 7 collective farms in the district as to the date April, 15th, but at the end of the year 16.

Exactly three years the territory of Pinsk district was occupied by fascist Germany. Exactly on the Pinsk ground on June, 22th, 1941 a guerrilla troop under the command of V.Z. Korzh was created; it was the first guerrilla troop in the republic, participated in battles under Pinsk together with parts of the Red Army.

During the years of the war in Pinsk and Pinsk district german-fascist invaders destroyed 108 thousand people, on fronts and in guerrilla troops were lost 2336 countrymen (without the town Pinsk), on the territory of the district 1519 persons (soldiers and partisans) were buried, 21 villages were burned, 2 of them were not restored.

In after-war years significant changes in the administrative-territorial structure of Pinsk district took place. By the Decree of Presidium of the Supreme soviet BSSR from January, 8th, 1954 Pinsk oblast was abolished, and its rural districts and towns transferred to the structure of Brest region.

 
Banner
Contact
Pinsk district
executive committee
225710, Pinsk, Dneprovskoy flotilii str., 21,
e-mail: contact@pinskrik.by
h_line_delimetr
Banner
Banner
Pinsk district
executive committee
225710, Pinsk, Dneprovskoy flotilii str., 21,
e-mail: contact@pinskrik.by
Web-site elaboration by
the BRMUE "Centre of Inculcation of Scientific and Technical Researches"
Kamenets Brest Malorita Zhabinka Pruzhany Kobrin Bereza Drogichin Ivatsevichi Ivanovo Baranovichi Liahovichi Gantsevichi Pinsk Luninets Stolin